Friday, June 26, 2009

Lightweight, Cheap and Easy Lightstand Tutorial

I found this awesome idea, which I am strongly considering trying out! It seems effective, cheap, and is perfect for small spaces!



http://www.diyphotography.net/super_easy_hardware_store_light-backdrop_stand

I really suggest trying this out, I know in the tutorial it shows a backdrop, but making one of these and attaching a clamp light to it would work perfectly!

Cheap, effective, small and portable. Just remember to put some sort of bag over the plunger, or find some way to make sure it doesn't leave white marks on the ceiling.

This idea seems like pure genius! Very cheap, but still sturdy. It looks like it would be a really really good idea for places where you only have a small amount of space, or if you're going to peoples homes/traveling with it. It seems very easy to set up quickly.

The article is very clear and humorous, and is a great read. Examples of the humorous nature of the article come here:

When at the till, make sure you have some explanation ready, because you will get funny looks standing in line with a 4-12 foot toilet plunger. I just mumbled "the toilet in the basement keeps plugging up". I've rarely seen a more confused look on a store tellers face as she tried to figure out whether she was dumb and not getting what I was talking about, or if she thought I was a serious idiot. I had a good chuckle on the way to the car and congratulated myself on my ingenuity.
Very good article, very good design, I highly recommend you try it!

0 comments: